Délı̨nę Business Licence

Délı̨nę Business Licence

Business Licensing Information

The Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government (DGG) issues Business Licenses for the community and district of Délı̨nę. By law, you must have a Business License issued by DGG to conduct business in Délı̨nę.

We encourage business in our community. The information below will help you get the permissions, registrations, and permits you may need before applying for a Business License.

Workers Safety & Compensation Commission (WSCC) Registration

If you have one or more employees, your business must be registered with the NWT’s WSCC. You can find more information and a link to register your business online at: https://connect.wscc.nt.ca/Employer-eServices/Register-Business. You can also call WSCC at 867-920-3888 or toll-free at 1-800-661-0792.

Businesses with one or more employees who are not registered with WSCC are not eligible for a DGG Business License and are subject to a financial penalty.

Food Establishment Permit

If you will sell, handle, or store food or drinks, you must meet all of the Government of the Northwest Territories health and safety laws. Your application for your business license must include a copy of your Food Establishment Permit. For more information on getting a permit, please visit https://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/apply-food-establishment-permit. You can also call 1- 867-767-9066 extension 49262 or email environmental_health@gov.nt.ca.

Building Owner’s Permission

If you are not the owner of the home or building where your business will be located, you need to get the owner’s permission. There is a section on the Business License Application form that must be completed and signed by the owner before you submit your application.

You can enter information on an application form here. Print to sign and submit.

For more information or assistance, please contact the DGG Economic Development Officer at 867-589-3515 extension 1102 or edo@gov.deline.ca.

Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government